Most of us struggle with overwhelm – some people from time to time, while others are in a constant state of being swamped.
There’s a lot written on the topic, but it seems that most of the time management advice out there tries to have a go at this problem from the wrong end.
What I’ve found is that it’s not really about finding more motivation to achieve more in less time. In fact, ‘more’ is not the solution at all.
The most important thing to realize about time management is while all of us have a fixed, limited & non-reneweable amount of time, what matters a great deal is what we spend ours with.
To actually make the most of the time you have, you might first have to tackle blocks, like procrastination, perfectionism (an elitist form of procrastination ;) ), or the fear of setting boundaries. But once you acquire the basic skills, you’ll find that somehow it seems that you had the time you needed to do the important stuff after all!
Here’s my most popular posts on the topic:
- You will never have more time – but here’s what you can do about it — The real secret to “having” more of time is making more of it. It’s a simple mindset shift that goes a long way.
- Busting the 6 biggest planning myths
- Untangle your to-do list in 15 minutes with the Machete Sorting Technique!
- “So much to do! Time for a nap” – 10 ways to tackle your to do list – If your tasks seem too daunting, just start with one step. I’ll show you how with this guide.
- Minimalism done right – How to boost your productivity by simplifying your routine
- The Unspoken Myths of Time Management (And How To Bust Them)