Hi, I’m Livia Farkas (far-kash — means ‘wolf’ in Hungarian; fancy fancy). I’m not going to write in third person about myself, so sorry about that, unprofessional or not, it’s not gonna happen. Sounds weird to me. :)
This blog is about…
- discovering your unique path in life that’s built with love, compassion, laughter and hard work (& I’m not going to use ‘finding your authentic self’ because it’s just overused. Even though it sounds nice.)
- finding creative solutions for everyday problems ranging from decluttering, menu planning and all kinds of weekly logistics — because those are part of life, too. And the sooner we get done with them (preferably efficiently and in a fun way!), the sooner we can get to stuff we actually like.
- realising you are enough and cool and you can have everything you want without being pushy and arrogant. (The first part is hard. The second is even harder. But doable. And so, so worth it.)
I can help you with…
- time management & planning — my superpower is doing this without being strict and rigorous. I leave plenty space for improvisation. And life improvises its fair share as well. As you probably already know if you’ve ever planned a thing. :) Reaction is key.
- having a healthy and prosperous relationship with yourself and the people around you. Both are equally important.
- getting the best possible scenario out of current circumstances — even if they suck.
Look who’s talking!
I’m 31, Hungarian, currently living in Brighton, East Sussex. I’ve been steadily blogging since 2008, since then I published over 3,500 articles in Hungarian on urban-eve.hu, I have a bestseller book on finding your calling and sticking to it — also in Hungarian. See the pattern? That’s why I’m here. To change that. :) Hope you’ll join me.
I’ve been a regular guest on national TV programmes, I had interviews and features on what I do in the Hungarian editions of Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Elle and Glamour. I was also the nominee for Best Blogger for Glamour Women of The Year 2014. I have a regular lifestyle column in Éva, Hungary’s most prominent women’s magazine (which I’ve been a fan of years prior working for them, so that’s definitely a ‘dream come true’ item on my achievements list!). I held lectures on time management (without the overwhelm) at Corvinus University Budapest. I’m frequently holding workshops and talks on my favourite topics – including how to organically grow your blog audience. (You can usually catch me at Brighton-based events, such as Word up! and Brighton Digital Women. Come say hi!) I love to talk about things I’m enthusiastic about. The worst thing you can say to me is ‘keep it short’. I’ll try, though.
Currently I teach online courses in creative time management, setting (& achieving!) goals, and moving out of your comfort zone.
I had brand collaborations with Danone, Tchibo, The Body Shop and many more.
Other interesting things about me
- I’m married to my best friend. We’ve been together since I was 14 and he was 15. He’s awesome.
- We are also friends with bunnies. Our current live-in furry buddy is Gomez and specialises in being extremely cute and shedding. A LOT.
- We’ve been vegetarians since early 2008. It’s mainly a taste-issue. Dairy and (free-range!) eggs are cool. Love me some cheese.
- I’m sarcastic. Some people mistake it for rudeness. Oh, well.
- I hate excuses. I especially hate when I have them. I try to work myself through them ASAP. And since I have a lot of them, I’m a great guinea pig for developing strategies on how to get stuff done when your inner monologue is disruptive and effin scared.
- I love doing stuff against all odds. People telling me “it’s not reasonable to want this” or “this can’t be done” is my fuel. My stubbornness is stronger than my fear of failing.